ORBX Release Global Buildings-HD

Midnight

ORBX Release Global Buildings-HD

Post by Midnight » 30 Jun 2019, 20:31

Hi All,
Been in development for some time now but see it's avalible, wonder if it will kill the PC :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buildings HD overhauls the autogen buildings throughout the world with all-new, 4K, regionally-accurate textures and FPS-friendly 3D models. What Trees HD did for vegetation, Buildings HD does for your sim's structures: It replaces the old, default textures and models with beautiful, authentic, highly detailed new ones to lend a new depth of realism to the landscape across the globe.

Buzzing the rooftops, approaches over cities, and taxiing at urban airports has never looked so real, with textures four times more detailed than before! All new textures feature ambient occlusion shadows, stunning new night lighting, high-res rooftops derived from drone photography, and more. We’ve pulled out all the stops to really take the autogen system to a whole new level!

A monumental undertaking three years in the making, lead developer Scott Armstrong has painstakingly overhauled over 900 texture sheets, containing 3,860 individual building textures. During project development, Scott traveled to over a dozen countries throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia to take on-location source photos, resulting in remarkably authentic architectural variations. The difference is especially apparent in Global regions which have never before seen the full Orbx region treatment: Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and South America now, for the first time ever, feature buildings that are highly accurate to their true-life counterparts.

Additionally, FS legend Bill Womack has lent his 3D modeling skills in completely overhauling over 400 3D models in the default 3D building library! Those clunky-looking low-poly default water towers, generic fast food restaurants, apartment buildings, and blurry-looking factories will be replaced with brand new beautiful models that are at once highly detailed and performance-optimized. Barns, religious structures, shopping malls, gas stations, and more have been redone to blend in with the new textures.

Key Features
High-Definition building textures at 4K resolution covering the entire world
Regionally accurate buildings worldwide, derived from on-location photos taken in many countries throughout the globe
Brand new 3D building models for complex autogen objects
Ambient Occlusion shadows baked on to building textures for added depth and realism
High resolution rooftops derived from drone photos
Incredibly realistic night textures for an immersive new night flying experience
Designed to work seamlessly with all Orbx products, including Global, all openLC products, regions, and airports; or without any other Orbx products installed
Completely compatible with FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv1-v4
By Scott Armstrong and Bill Womack
Link https://orbxdirect.com/product/global-buildings

Regards
Graham
Attachments
Orbx-2.jpg
Orbx.jpg

OE1CGA

Re: ORBX Release Global Buildings-HD

Post by OE1CGA » 20 Oct 2019, 17:07

it does not kill the PC...

works as described.

Daniel M.

Post by Daniel M. » 20 Oct 2019, 18:29

what about the frames?
do they crash or does it even get better?
has someone already tested it?

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 20 Oct 2019, 19:06

Daniel M. wrote:
20 Oct 2019, 18:29
what about the frames?
do they crash or does it even get better?
has someone already tested it?
Those are simply different bitmaps, so no difference in frames.

regards
Lapi

Daniel M.

Post by Daniel M. » 20 Oct 2019, 19:11

Wow, thank you Lapi.
Dann werde ich es sofort kaufen.
Thank you

Daniel M.

Post by Daniel M. » 24 Oct 2019, 22:25

hello, briefly on the topic.
I bought today Orbx HD houses and of course instantly installed.
Immediately when taxiing to the airport, I noticed that it jerky. the frames fall with the HD houses. I did not want to believe it but it really is. there is a difference and that is unfortunately sad.
I just wanted to tell. I tested 2 hours. Sad

portanav

Post by portanav » 25 Oct 2019, 10:51

I have been using the "Buildings HD" since they were introduced and have observed no adverse effect on my FPS, and that was my first concern on purchase.
Regards,
Michael :)

System: Win10/64, i7-6700, ASUS Z-170, GTX 1080.

Daniel M.

Post by Daniel M. » 25 Oct 2019, 13:18

I will test the days again something.
I also dropped out of faith but I have to test and see if maybe at this point something else bothered by accident

Return to “Various”