Michael Schultz Youtube channel building 737NG pit

Extraterra

Re: Michael Schultz Youtube channel building 737NG pit

Post by Extraterra » 09 Apr 2019, 10:25

So how did you find out something like that? How can anyone use these features if they are not written down?
Anyway, can you give me an example. What is this XXXX? Is it the name of the label you have choosen for the variable in Prosim? And if you have send the filter command, will Prosim stop sending the values of any other labels? So if you are using the filter you have to use it for every label you want to receive like the registration of variables in SIOC?

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 09 Apr 2019, 10:44

Extraterra wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 10:25
So how did you find out something like that? How can anyone use these features if they are not written down?
Anyway, can you give me an example. What is this XXXX? Is it the name of the label you have choosen for the variable in Prosim? And if you have send the filter command, will Prosim stop sending the values of any other labels? So if you are using the filter you have to use it for every label you want to receive like the registration of variables in SIOC?
Because I am one of the developers (mainly for the 737). ;)

The xxx is the element name (and syntax is filter xxx). Filter can also be a regex pattern.
If you call this address from your browser: http://127.0.0.1:8080/xml?query=ids
You will get a list of all elements and states that can be used.
One big advantage when using the generic driver is that you don't need to configure prosim, if using the generic names. just enable the driver and that's it.
You can do a quick test with putty or a similar software to connect to prosim and send some commands.
You can send several commands at once, just split them with : or CR or LF
Filter commands
[filter xxxx] adds a filter
[filter] list all filters
[filter-reset] remove all filters
Humberto Miguel

Extraterra

Post by Extraterra » 09 Apr 2019, 11:58

wpslider wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 10:44
OK, home game for you. :D

So when I have different Arduinos for the MCP and the EFIS for example and both are sending their filter commands for the variables they are in need, Prosim knows which variable it has to send to which arduino or is this filter command a global filter and nothing else beside the filtered variables will be send anymore? Or are arduino concerned filters only possible with an additional generic driver on a different port?

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 09 Apr 2019, 12:02

Extraterra wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 11:58
wpslider wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 10:44
OK, home game for you. :D

So when I have different Arduinos for the MCP and the EFIS for example and both are sending their filter commands for the variables they are in need, Prosim knows which variable it has to send to which arduino or is this filter command a global filter and nothing else beside the filtered variables will be send anymore? Or are arduino concerned filters only possible with an additional generic driver on a different port?
You can connect as many clients as you need. Filters are applied by client.
Humberto Miguel

Extraterra

Post by Extraterra » 09 Apr 2019, 12:27

OK, I will give this a try.
Thank you for your time.

miked
Location: Buderim, Queensland, Australia....... Home Airport:- Sunshine Coast YBSU

Post by miked » 12 Apr 2019, 01:29

Hi Michael
I have been trying to use the generic TCP driver for some time now, (there is, as you say, virtually no info on it) and I have found many short comings with it. I have posted elsewhere in this forum but with no positive results. I too am using an Arduino as my controller so using the prosim variable names was not really an option, so like you I used my own variable numbers which are easy to code on the Arduino. BUT Prosim won't allow you to set only 1 switch position ie the other set to 'not connected' that is say 1000=1. However it is stranger than that, if I set, say "YAW DAMPER OFF",to 1000 and "YAW DAMPER ON" to 1001, I still have to send 1000=1 or 1001=1 to avoid an error message in the input debugger. Even stranger, is that it dosen't matter if I send 1000=1 or 1000=0 the result is still "YAW DAMPER OFF".
I am however using it and it works but it is messy, receiving is OK ie if I set a variable to 2000 I get 2000=1 or 2000=0.
I use a USB connection via a 'hardware server' PC (which uses serial to TCP modules). I have produced PCBs using an Arduino Nano on board providing 72 switch I/Ps & 64 LED O/Ps.
However I will try out your IOCP solution, thank you for the post I have been following your cockpit build from the beginning. :)
Regards
Michael

Extraterra

Post by Extraterra » 20 May 2019, 07:24

The new video is online. I made my first Boeing knobs by making a silicone mold and casted them with resin.

https://youtu.be/TenemYrd27A

Extraterra

Post by Extraterra » 14 Jul 2019, 11:14

After struggeling with my self written code for the arduino I have turned my eyes to MobiFlight and made some first tests with it. Here you can see my introduction to this really easy connection methode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0wlIO8rzx8

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 14 Jul 2019, 13:52

Hi Michael,

Your video is so informative and well made but I am puzzled why you would go to so much trouble with the cards you use when a Pokeys Card is so much easier to assign. You wire the Pokeys card up to the hardware and flick a switch and the port number is shown and you just select it. With led outputs, you use the find function in the Prosim configuration and it illuminates the leds and then uses a process of elimination until the led you are assigning starts to flash and the you click on "Use". Encoders, Pots are also easy to assign as well. What you did to select one switch would have given me time to assign nearly half a Pokeys card. I have used 12 Pokeys Cards in my Sim and have not had any issues. Don't get me wrong, as I understand that people have different preferences with Hardware. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Extraterra

Post by Extraterra » 14 Jul 2019, 19:40

Here my preference is the price. For one pokey card I can get nearly four Arduino megas. But the possibility to connect it via ethernet is really interesting.
By the way, is it possible to control a button matrix with a pokey card? Then it could be a good choice when I build a CDU.

Return to “Cockpit building questions”