CS TQ: brake & fuel cutoff position not read at 1st startup?

pierrevw

CS TQ: brake & fuel cutoff position not read at 1st startup?

Post by pierrevw » 25 Jun 2015, 14:21

Hello,

I use Prosim v 1.43 b27 along with P3D, and try to get the best of my CockpitSonic TQ.

ProSim is configured so it starts "cold & dark". I wonder if it is possible to get TQ switches position "in sync" at initial startup of the system. Initially I noticed that ProSim started with both fuel levers on 'idle' position, even if levers were (physically) on 'cutoff' on the CockpitSonic TQ. Parking brake also starts always on, regardless of the switch/lever position.

I could force the fuel levers position to be on 'cutoff' at startup in ProSim, connecting offsets 3590 and 3594 in the configuration/Switches MCP/Throttle section, as these 2 offsets are always '0' on application startup. But this is not a "sexy" way and I would prefer to "read" the lever positions at initial boot, so everything keeps coherent. I made some investigations but could not find any offsets where those initial position could be accessed, they seem to be only detected after a first position change event...

Any idea, trick or suggestion?

Best regards,

Pierre

mlf081161

Re: CS TQ: brake & fuel cutoff position not read at 1st startup?

Post by mlf081161 » 09 Mar 2019, 18:06

Dear Pierre,

I am facing the same problem, cannot start my engines because prosim reads thats the fuel levers are on idle.
I also have the cockpit sonic throttle.
When I move the sliders to Idle I can start the engine ( spooling up) but that is not how it should be.

Did you find any solution?

Regards Michel
Michel

P3D V4-Prosim 2

Flyengravity MIP
CP Flight MCP/EFIS and Pedestal
OC Overhead V2
Cockpit sonic Throttle
Flyengravity CDU
Simsounds
GSX 2
ORBX Scenery

Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 » 09 Mar 2019, 23:08

Have you tried changing the order of powering up? It is just that I don't have that problem.
My default scenario is one that I have saved the 737 in a cold and dark situation. However, after having established that, I could leave my cockpit when I shut down in any condition.

1. I always start P3D v4.4 first. I select my default scenario, any where in the world and weather, and let it load. (Now I have an aircraft cold and dark but my switches/levers not matching)
2. I then start Prosim System. (on the same machine) Prosim reads the condition of P3D and sets the Annunciators off or on accordingly. (Cold and Dark - turns them all off)
3. I then start my hardware program (which happens to be SIOC) on another PC. It reports the condition of the switches to Prosim and P3D and they are synchronised in both software accordingly.
4. I then start the MCP, Displays, weather add-ons etc on various machines. Everything is synced from then on.

Just suggesting: Does Cockpitsonic have software that you need to start last?
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V2.2x : P3Dv4.5HF: REX EnvF & Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX2; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios; MCP; 2 x EFIS; 1 x CDU: RTX 1070 Super; 4 ext views: Total 6 W10 PCs in HP 1GB network.

mlf081161

Post by mlf081161 » 10 Mar 2019, 12:29

Hi Aussie,

Tried your suggestion : no effect still same issue.
Cockpit sonic Throttle uses EHID software( driver) and also starting up this software first and last has no influence, I did test that too.
Thanks anyway for your suggestion, everything is welcome

regards Michel
Michel

P3D V4-Prosim 2

Flyengravity MIP
CP Flight MCP/EFIS and Pedestal
OC Overhead V2
Cockpit sonic Throttle
Flyengravity CDU
Simsounds
GSX 2
ORBX Scenery