Turn off clocks in cold&dark mode

jauno

Turn off clocks in cold&dark mode

Post by jauno » 15 Mar 2019, 19:33

Good evening.
I have a MIP by CockpitSonic with amongst others 2 clocks installed via EHID.
Is there a way to turn off the clocks when battery power is switched off on my overhead?
My problem is that all other MIP devices turn off on power loss but not the clocks.
Greetings from France
Norbert

andthiel

Re: Turn off clocks in cold&dark mode

Post by andthiel » 15 Mar 2019, 22:23

Dear Norbert,

you should replace your battery switch by a double-pole switch like this one:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/toggle-s ... %3Atrue%7D

Then you have a second spare „switch“ for a separate circuit to power up your clocks. ;)

Cheers,

Andreas
Beechboy Andreas

jauno

Post by jauno » 15 Mar 2019, 23:25

@Andreas
While reading your reply I conclude that the powering off of my clocks is not possible with ProSim/EHID but only to realize via hardware solutions. Isn't it?
So there is no command in ProSim to tell EHID to turn off clocks when battery power if off.
How do you manage this in your cockpit in real life, cause the clock's power supply comes with USB from the PC or hub?
Greetings from France
Norbert

andthiel

Post by andthiel » 16 Mar 2019, 09:33

Norbert,

sorry, but my sim is still a huge construction site - way along from calling it a cockpit and use it for flying... :(

Your question should be answered by our ProSim experts here in the forum.

Depending of your clocks‘ hardware, you should check if you want to power up / cut off only the backlight or the complete clock by your battery switch.

Regards, Andreas
Beechboy Andreas

dvincent

Post by dvincent » 17 Mar 2019, 10:55

The easiest way is making the battery switch as a general switch of some different relays which command each their own power circuit. That general switch might ofcourse be used as the switch of a master relay which powers On/Off those different relays. That's what I plan to do because I use 12V and 5V in the sim.
Regards,
Dirk

Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 » 17 Mar 2019, 22:57

I have retro-fitted my overhead with a double pole battery switch many years ago. One set of contacts goes to Prosim, the other my general power.
It works well however, a couple of things to remember:
Like many others, I have a separate power supply with a regulated 5volt and a 12 volt output for general duties. (I turn this unit ON early when powering up the network switch)
I basically have four long screw terminal strips, mounted on a board, for convenience next to the power supply.
One I call 'Hot 5v' the next 'Hot 12v'. I sent a line from 'Hot 5v' up to my OHD Battery Switch. When it returns it goes into powering a 5v relay. One set of contacts of this relay sends 5v to my 'Switched 5v Battery Bus' terminal strip. The other set transfers power from my 'Hot 12v' to my 'Switched 12v Battery Bus' terminal strip.
I then have four sources of power to reticulate and supply my different voltage Main panel & OHD back lighting, flood, spot, cabin, fans, dimmers, etc.

Personally, I prefered to send a 5v pair to the overhead - just in case a wire came loose etc.
One thing I learned early was not to use this general purpose power supply to run Open Cockpits P&P modules. Use a separate power supply. If you switch them off, they disconect (with the USB dings) and when you turn them back on they may not reconnect and be identified or return to the correct display state.
Separate the backlighting in these P&P units and turn that circuit off, and control the displays off/on in SIOC, through Prosim.

Therefore, I have 4 terminal strips at the back of the cockpit supplying (via thick cables) the 4 terminal strips behind the front Main Panel. From the back, I drive floor lighting, fans, and the Pedestal backlighting. From the 4 front terminal strips I supply the general lighting requirements of the OHD and Main Panel.
Good Luck.
Aussie
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V2.2x : P3Dv4.5HF: REX EnvF & Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX2; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios; MCP; 2 x EFIS; 1 x CDU: RTX 1070 Super; 4 ext views: Total 6 W10 PCs in HP 1GB network.

NAX

Post by NAX » 04 Aug 2019, 18:50

i have asked about the clocks earlier and I think it should be possible to program the logic. The clocks will not shut down when shutting down prosim + computer to, so it seem to be just a line of code missing. The clocks start up only when prosim starts and executing the EHID, but will not close down as all other items/hardware.

see this post: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6723
----------------------
Norway

Return to “Cockpitsonic”