Tiller / rudder taxi steering issue after landing

dornier

Tiller / rudder taxi steering issue after landing

Post by dornier » 17 Jul 2019, 05:18

Hi,

I'm running Prosim 2.19 and have an issue after landing. This has occurred twice. Once in SEQM and KSDF which are both custom scenery. The issue is the aircraft pulls left while taxiing. At night it's obvious that the nose wheel wheel rotates left if I center the rudder pedals due to the taxi light rotating about 5 degrees nose left. What's weird is that taxiing for takeoff was perfect, but after about a 1 hour+ flight this occurred.

I tried recalibrating the rudder pedals for both rudder and tiller with the same issue. I didn't have this issue with 2.18.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

George

dornier

Re: Tiller / rudder taxi steering issue after landing

Post by dornier » 17 Jul 2019, 05:24

Just noticed these items listed for the updates to 2.19:

- Added rudder/tiller combiner option to Cockpit Setup
- Improved tiller and rudder controls
- Fixed tiller inputs in air and with gear up

Where's the rudder/tiller combiner option?

Thanks.

mickc

Post by mickc » 17 Jul 2019, 05:52

IOS -> Cockpit Setup -> Options 2/3rds of the way down on the right.

dornier

Post by dornier » 18 Jul 2019, 04:40

mickc wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 05:52
IOS -> Cockpit Setup -> Options 2/3rds of the way down on the right.
Found it, thanks. I disabled the tiller and rudder combiner. I was able to taxi with no issues after disabling the new feature. I would suspect a possible bug, but not sure until I fly several flights.

Thanks again,

George

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 18 Jul 2019, 10:45

dornier wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 05:18
I'm running Prosim 2.19 and have an issue after landing. This has occurred twice. Once in SEQM and KSDF which are both custom scenery. The issue is the aircraft pulls left while taxiing. At night it's obvious that the nose wheel wheel rotates left if I center the rudder pedals due to the taxi light rotating about 5 degrees nose left. What's weird is that taxiing for takeoff was perfect, but after about a 1 hour+ flight this occurred.

I tried recalibrating the rudder pedals for both rudder and tiller with the same issue. I didn't have this issue with 2.18.
I have also tried re-calibrating and everything else but the same problem exists for me too.
The difference is that my tiller starts fully rotating to the right and not left :o

The rarity and difference in my setup - the one that I can think of - is that I'm having two tillers, both CPT and FO.
When nobody touches BOTH it remains fine, but once the CPT side was touched AND one touches the FO-side, then both tillers go haywire.

Tried to go back to 2.18 but it did not help.
Logs show no related problem.

regards
Lapi

Return to “ProSim737 - Technical support - software related”