Intercom Configuration

A how-to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task (Wikipedia)
egkkman

Re: Intercom Configuration

Post by egkkman » 04 Jan 2020, 08:52

Hi, me again.....

I can get the VAC repeaters to work manually, or so it seems, I can hear the 'Trial' announcement through both headsets. I have set up the repeaters as follows: the wave in as VAC1 and Wave out as Captain headset for the left seat and wave in as VAC1 and Wave out as FO headset for the right seat.

In VOXATC I have set the sound card as VAC1. I know VOXATC is working, if I swap the soundcard for the captain's it works perfectly. In the sound device area I can see the sound indicator (the green vertical stack of bars) is live when I push VOXATC through the Captain's soundcard but not via VAC1. It seems I am not doing something correctly. I have left the parameters in the repeater as they were and am not using the Kernel version of the repeater. Any guidance/ideas will be very welcome :) .

The intercom works between Captain & FO, just need to get the speaker option working.

I should have put a comprehensive Prosim Manual on my Christmas list, they say it's the time for miracles..... ;)

Regards

Dave

Ursli80

Post by Ursli80 » 04 Jan 2020, 22:44

wpslider wrote:
01 May 2018, 09:24
Volume should be supported already.
Hello Humberto,

i have the intercom in operation so far that the captain and F/O hear each other constantly and you only hear yourself because of the sound.

But what is unfortunately not possible is the volume control. No matter what.
I cannot control the ASP4 ATIS or the ATC (P3D). What is also not possible is to let the ATC run only over the earphones or the speakers, for example.
These only go through the speakers, since I also put them on the speakers in the P3D.

How can I solve this?

Thanks.

Best regards
Urs
Last edited by Ursli80 on 05 Jan 2020, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
P3D V4.5
Windows 10
MCP/EFIS/CDU Pedestal (CP Flight)
MIP, AFT OVHT (SISMO)
TQ V3 Gold Plus ( CFY)
FWD OVHT, Pedalen (Leo Bodnar Card) and Yoke (Opencockpits)
Tiller (Schiller Metalle)
Goggle Translator

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 05 Jan 2020, 17:06

egkkman wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 08:52
Hi, me again.....

I can get the VAC repeaters to work manually, or so it seems, I can hear the 'Trial' announcement through both headsets. I have set up the repeaters as follows: the wave in as VAC1 and Wave out as Captain headset for the left seat and wave in as VAC1 and Wave out as FO headset for the right seat.

In VOXATC I have set the sound card as VAC1. I know VOXATC is working, if I swap the soundcard for the captain's it works perfectly. In the sound device area I can see the sound indicator (the green vertical stack of bars) is live when I push VOXATC through the Captain's soundcard but not via VAC1. It seems I am not doing something correctly. I have left the parameters in the repeater as they were and am not using the Kernel version of the repeater. Any guidance/ideas will be very welcome .

The intercom works between Captain & FO, just need to get the speaker option working.

I should have put a comprehensive Prosim Manual on my Christmas list, they say it's the time for miracles.....

Regards

Dave
Hi Dave
I'm not sure why it's not working. You seem to be doing everything right. A couple of things to check:
- Did you hit the Start button at the bottom right of each repeater? I'm sure you did, but just checking the obvious....
- In the sound devices, under Recording, select Line 1 - Virtual Audio Cable, go to Properties, and make sure it is not "listening to a device" (ie. the box should be unticked), then slide the volume up to full.
- Do you see the vertical green bars playing on Line 1-VAC in the Recording tab, when you start VOXATC? If not, the repeaters are not working.

If the repeaters are not working, you need to do this first:
- Launch the file "vcctlpan.exe", which you will find in the VAC folder
- Set the number of cables you want. I set mine to 3 usually, just to make sure I have enough virtual cables to do all sorts of things I do on my network :-) See attached image.
- Hit the button set. This is a one time process only.
- Close the control panel, and then launch your repeaters and try again.

Once you get this working, it's time to (buy the software to get rid of the "test" message), and create your batch file.

Code: Select all

start /min "audiorepeater" "D:\VAC Repeater\x64\audiorepeater.exe" /input: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /output: "Speakers (3- Flight Sound X)" /Bufferms: 500 /Buffers: 12 /Autostart
start /min "audiorepeater" "D:\VAC Repeater\x64\audiorepeater.exe" /input: "Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)" /output: "Speakers (4- Flight Sound X)" /Bufferms: 500 /Buffers: 12 /Autostart
You can use the above code which has two lines and tweak as follows:
- Change the path to the repeater file to match where it is on your system.
- replace the inputs and outputs as required for your setup. IMPORTANT: The device names between the inverted commas, must EXACTLY match the device names as shown in the dropdown boxes of the repeaters. For long device names, they will be cut off, so must be entered exactly like that.
- Close any open repeaters, and run and test the batch file. The repeaters should show up in the system tray.

Let me know how you get along!

Regards

p.s. I think the half of the "manual" I promised to write is this reply. :-D
Attachments
200105-VAC setup for forum.PNG
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.4, Prosim v2.21 (MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, server PC (i9-9900K), 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v4 Pro.

egkkman

Post by egkkman » 06 Jan 2020, 07:46

Hi Sunny,

Thanks very much for you 'manual like' reply, in particular the batch file info. :D I'll continue on with what I'm doing and will report back.

Regards

Dave

egkkman

Post by egkkman » 12 Jan 2020, 19:32

Hi Sunny,

I'd like to thank you very much indeed for taking the time to help me. I followed the instructions in your mini manual and it's all working now. I have it working with VOXATC & UGCX.

All the best

Dave

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 15 Jan 2020, 20:26

Hi Dave

That's great to hear. You are welcome. :-)

Regards
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.4, Prosim v2.21 (MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, server PC (i9-9900K), 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v4 Pro.

Return to “ProSim737 - How-tos”